Friday 17 May 2013

Dilly bag

So I haven't done a post for a while, I have been so busy I haven't had time for craft.
Finally today I had a chance to sit down and sew, I started off sewing the badges on to my scout shirt, I only just got invested on Wednesday to be a scout leader. If I don't do it now I never will.
I had this really cool fabric with geckos on it but never knew what to use it for. Well I decided it would make a good dilly bag seeing as my leader name is Gecko. 

What is a dilly bag?

  A dilly bag is a cloth draw string bag, preferably a natural cloth like cotton. Natural cloth is preferred because it breathes allowing your gear to stay dry without going mouldy! Net bags are not desirable because dust, dirt and bugs get in easily.

The dilly bag is used to transport and store your camp eating gear. Inside your dilly bag should be a plate, bowl, cup, cutlery and tea towel.
Going to and from camp you might also have a tea towel or two in your bag, but they must come out and be hung up in the camp kitchen or eating shelter once you arrive.

Heres my new dilly bag:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment